Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Amazing Thailand Part I

    I celebrated my Christmas last year at Thailand, a beautiful country & a great shopping destination for good affordable clothes. I mentioned in my earlier posts about me being thrifty and not making the most of the shopping aspect of my trip, well I'm still regretting that. At times I see myself searching for trendy clothes and roaming around the malls in Bangkok in my morning dreams. I won't get into that much because that makes it harder for me to get over it.
   It my first ever trip abroad without my parents. I was 18 at that time and I felt a sense of freedom because I was on my own. I went through a tour operator and they were really very friendly and made the experience even better for me.
    I reached Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok early morning and then proceeded to Pattaya where we visited Nong Nooch Village for the Thai Cultural show, Elephant show and spent some time clicking pics at the Tropical Garden, Orchid Garden and Pottery Garden. Below are some pics I clicked there.
  Me at my hotel room in Pattaya.






        
At Nong Nooch Village.
    Pisit and Nongnooch Tansacha purchased the 600-acre plot of land in 1954 with the intentions of developing the land as a fruit plantation. However, the owners instead decided to plant tropical flowers and plants as a wildlife conservation project. The garden opened to the public in 1980, and management was transferred to Pisit and Nongnooch's son Kampon Tansacha in 2001. The garden currently fills 500 out of the 600 acres.
The Elephant Show
    Here the elephants play basketball, give massages to volunteers from the audience and do many other fun stuff. I enjoyed that show. The elephants were really cute and almost all of them or I guess all of them were females.


Click a pic with the tigers for only 30 Baht, pretty cheap!

Elephant fight

Thai Cultural show - Boxing
After spending some fun time at Nong Nooch we headed back to the hotel, had some rest and then went for 'The Spectacular Alcazar Show'.

Anyone would mistaken them for beautiful real women ;)
     It’s been said that if you want to see beautiful ladyboys, go to Tiffany; but if you want to see a great show, head over to Alcazar. Extravagant costumes, convincingly stunning lady boys, spectacular stage sets are all part of a grander show that delights you with non-stop fantastic entertainment, from the Russian stage to K-Pop to Persian harlem and even outer space. It was truly SPECTACULAR.
    The next day we headed to the Coral Island in Pattaya where we enjoyed parasailing, speedboat ride, snorkeling etc.
    It was really sunny, I ended up getting really tanned and that for me was not a good thing at all. We returned to the hotel to freshen up and then visited 'Mini Siam' in the evening. Mini Siam offers miniature replicas of some of the most famous attractions in the world.
 



    Mini Siam was a nice place according to me even though many of my tour members thought it would've been better if they were taken to see 'The Floating Market' instead.
    We spent almost 2 hours at Mini Siam and then proceeded for dinner to an Indian Hotel. This was just half of my Thai Trip, the remaining will be continued in my next post, 'Amazing Thailand Part II' Till then take care :)

No comments:

Post a Comment