Thursday, April 26, 2012

Want a Celebrity-like life, sure?

    I wake up in the morning feeling like 'going back to sleep' Sorry Ke$ha, I don't feel like P Diddy at 6am, I feel more like a zombie, a zombie who just wants to rest leave alone partying and passing out at the end of it. Sometimes I wish I had a life like that but then I'm glad I don't.
    Everything comes with a price, a lavish life full of fame & glory comes with a hefty fee I'd rather not talk about. Such things need to come out right from the horse's mouth and I'm definitely not the horse. I lead a simple and easy life with less hassles, I don't own a Lamborghini or a posh bungalow at Colaba(a high profile area in Mumbai, India) and I don't have closets flooding with shoes, bags and designer clothing.
A life, one can only dream about.

    Every person dreams of a celebrity-like life in spite of knowing that there may or may not be a fairy tale ending to the story of their riches. I'm not saying being rich and famous is a bad thing but I'm also not saying that it's a good thing. Imagine having million people just wanting to know what goes on in your life even if it is personal and not meant to be disclosed. People won't leave you alone because 'you're famous, you're a star, you're in the movies'. Now that's more of a responsibility because you never know what people might derive out of your words and actions. Like Eminem rightly pointed out through his lyrics(Renegade), "But I'm debated disputed hated and viewed in America as a m************ drug addict like you didn't experiment?" The world has done it at some point or another then why specifically point fingers at Eminem?
Eminem - the best rapper alive in my opinion.

    Whenever I go through magazines and browse through social networking sites and forums, one thing I always notice is how critical people are of celebrities. He has a big nose, she looks like a mouse, she's a bitch and a bad influence on our kids, how could she do that to him etc. like you don't have imperfections and never made mistakes. If Miley Cyrus likes clicking racy pics that's her choice and if a certain celebrity looks odd to you, well he or she wasn't created to please you because for a single hater there are 500 fans who keep following no matter what unless you do something really bad enough to piss em' off.
    I have mixed feelings about this because I also think, you can't blame the audience for being overtly judgmental. This is the down-fall of stardom. "Things will never change and people will always want to have a taste of stardom even after knowing about the hazards" I'll continue with this in my next few posts, till then take care :)

2 comments:

  1. Interesting you picked Eminem...My daughter's fav! She thinks he is great..with his kid, with music and fame etc. Her screensave is of him! Enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan as well. Eminem is the most followed rapper here in India.

    ReplyDelete